5 June 2011

RUST wedding photo shoot


 
Ha ha! a fake wedding!
...by the sounds of the title, its like i think Im some kind of profesh stylist type person, well, I am certainly not. But running your own business means you have to have a go at pretty much everything to save a bit of money and time. 

We are very pleased that so many of you's out there are sporting your very own RUST wedding rings, it really is fantastic, and keeping us very busy {which is kind of good}
Today I decided that it would be nice to have some 'weddingy' photos on our website, to emphasise our RUST style and help with our branding {do I sound like I know what Im talking about?}. Last year I did these ones for our regular jewellery. I'll show you what I did today, step by step kind of thing, if you're interested...

first off, I purchased some cheapo flowers from the co-op supermarket, £5 for two bunches of chrysanthemums. Then i picked loads of weeds {I mean wild flowers} from the meadow {yes i live in zone 2 of London so this is possible!} to mix in with them shop bought ones. }
{sorry about that scary baby's face poking out, I keep forgetting to put it at the bottom of the pile, its freaking me out!}

 
I had some old hankies from the flea market, some ribbony bits and I found some wire in my shed too, dont know where I got it from, but i suppose florists wire is optimum high spec wire if you can get it.

 
To make a headdress, I wrapped the wire round my head to get a rough idea of how big my bonce is, and made a circle, leaving the rest of the wire hanging at the back. Then I cut of a few select flowers and leaves...cow parsley type plant, elder flowers {buds and leaves} and grasses, and began arranging them one by one and wrapping the wire around as I went until I came to the back and finished off winding the wire around securely.

 
Then i needed to make a 'bouquet' or bunch of flowers to you and me.

 
I just gathered up and hand full of said weeds and flowers, putting leaves around the outer edge and tying a ribbon around tightly. It helps if you don't have a cat eating the grass that is meant to be a wedding bouquet at the same time.

 
After that I tied one of those old hankies {hot washed of course!} around the stems and then cut them off level.
 
job done.

 
I made up a dress of 1930s slips with an 1900s cotton dress over the top, which I had in my stash already. Tied a strip of satin as a belt, and put another hankie through it, tied a knot and stuffed a few flowers in it for good measure!

 
the rest of the leftover flowers went into this jug which also got the hankie treatment.

Next I had to set up the tripod and camera. I set the camera to manual, low exposure, etc... and self-timer.
These are the final photos, a few of which will be used on our RUST wedding site shortly!
{please excuse the cheesiness of these but its not as easy as you might think}
 

stupidly i forgot to bring home some sample rings so I had to use my own rings {again!}. There will be some exciting new rings coming next week, so keep your eyes glued here if you are on the look out for a wedding band! The ones above are available to buy online here

 
After all was done, i rather liked the look of the headdress on my shed door!
 
{my jug of Lobelia has nothing to do with it by the way!}


and now i have plenty of flowers decorating my shed which is rather lovely indeed.


On another note, Nao's shed is coming along nicely, he had a few hitches along the way which means its taken a tad longer than expected, but it should be ready in the next week or so {I reckon anyway}.

p.s. That is not actually cow parsley, its something similar, but it smells like cow's wee {farm style smell} so beware!
p.p.s I'm still picking aphids out of my hair, double beware!
p.p.p.s sorry for the amount of photos here, I couldn't decide which ones to post so they kind of all there instead.